08 August 2008

July 23

I'm fading, fading. The trip is become a portrait in my head, one amongst a collection of sights. I am lost, I am lost,I am lost, the glory of God seems to have left.

Is it better to recognize my condition?

Or wold it have been better to "go silently into that good night?"

Why dead and why silently In our weariness, do we dare give the devil a foothold?

He who prowls like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour?

 

Ah.

 

We feel the part of weary victors returning from a foreign war. We shut the war out of our minds--it does not engage our entire soul here. We are blind, we are blind!

We fight not against flesh and blood, "but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places." (Eph. 6:12) Do we dare think that whatever weaknesses were discovered across the ocean will not be exploited at home?! How much more so! We are comfortable--how ever little we'd like to admit it. We are weary, let us not fall into laziness. We are weak-the devil can only afford to hit us in our weakness--for too soon have we forgotten that our Saviour says "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" (2 Cor. 12:10)

 

No comments: