21 July 2008

A Time to Plant...

Pre-Ukraine

July 4th

Does everyone commemorate their 4th of July experience by tearing up because of Gilmore Girls: Season 1? I'm assuming not, and as I seem one of the last people in the world who would do so...
It's the tragedy of their lives, the worlds' lives. 
It's grief over ideals held as truth, but that being no greater than trash, so much talk.
It's seeing the love as portrayed on the screen and then being horrified that I could want any part of it.
It's hearing the "I love you" but no seeing it.
It's hearing the question "Why would you spend your life serving someone?" and getting the same answer-- "You wouldn't. That's crazy"

The Poet with His Face in His Hands
"You want to cry aloud for your mistakes, but to tell the truth,
the world doesn't need any more of that sound..."

because it has enough of its own to last awhile. 

Ps. 143:8 "Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."

No comments: